What Is Gonorrhoea?
Gonorrhoea is a bacterial sexually transmitted infection passed on from one person to another during sex.
10% of men and 80% of women have no symptoms but symptoms may include:
- Vaginal discharge that is different than usual
- The need to urinate more often
- Pain when passing urine
- Pain during sex
- Lower abdominal pain
- Any irregular bleeding between periods or after sex
- A white, yellow or green discharge from the tip of the penis
- Pain and/or burning when passing urine
- Painful swelling of the testicles
What is the Treatment?
Treatment for gonorrhoea is usually a simple of course of antibiotics.
If your test for gonorrhoea is positive you will be asked to attend a sexual health clinic in a hospital where you will have another test to check what antibiotics the infection will respond to.
RUClear is run by the NHS, the tests are of a high quality and are FREE